By visiting www.thedefensepost.com (“our website”), you acknowledge the practices described in this policy.
2. Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
a. Information you provide to us: You may provide us with information by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register for an account, subscribe to any service, participate in a discussion board or other social media functions on our website, or other activities commonly carried out on the site.
b. Information we collect about you:
With regard to each of your visits to our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
3. Use of Your Information
We use the information we collect from you for several purposes, including:
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
4. Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
5. Storage and Security of Your Personal Data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and is kept for only as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is used.
6. Your Rights
You have the right to access information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the prevailing laws.
Last Updated: 15 June 2023