At least seven people were killed Wednesday in a car bomb blast targeting the convoy of a security official in the southern Yemeni government-controlled city of Aden, security sources said.
The blast “targeted the convoy of the Lahij governorate security director, Saleh al-Sayed, in the Khor Maksar neighborhood of central Aden,” a source told AFP.
At least four soldiers and three civilians were killed in the blast, added the source, speaking on condition of anonymity.
— Mohammed Al-Rumim | محمد الرميم (@mohammedalrumim) June 29, 2022
A Yemeni journalist was killed earlier in June when a bomb detonated in his car in Aden.
A Saudi-led military intervention launched in 2015 has allowed the government to recover Aden and much of the south.
But the fighting has left hundreds of thousands of dead and millions more displaced in what the United Nations calls the world’s worst humanitarian crisis.