Italy police on Wednesday arrested two men allegedly planning attacks in the name of Islamic State.
The 24-year-old Italian and 18-year-old Moroccan were arrested in northern Italy after posting ISIS images and videos on social networks, police said on Wednesday, April 17.
The pair were “ready to attack,” according to media reports citing prosecutors, which said they had been plotting an attack on Italian soil after their plans to travel to Syria to fight were thwarted by the defeat of the ISIS territorial caliphate.
The suspects had downloaded video instructions on how to carry out bombings and suicide attacks, police said.
With reporting from AFP