U.S.-led Coalition strikes in Syria and Iraq destroyed an Islamic State headquarters in Al Bukamal and communications infrastructure in Qaim on Friday, Operation Inherent Resolve said in a press release.
Strikes focused on the Syria-Iraq border and near Shadaddi. There were no strikes recorded in Raqqa, as Raqqa Civil Council brokered a deal to allow civilians to escape fighting in the city, although four additional Thursday strikes in the city were reported.
“Near Al Shadaddi, two strikes engaged one ISIS tactical unit and destroyed two fighting positions and one logistics node,” the release said on Saturday, October 14.
Coalition forces conducted 3 strikes consisting of 3 engagements in Syria:
- Near Abu Kamal, one strike destroyed one ISIS HQ structure.
- Near Al Shadaddi, two strikes engaged one ISIS tactical unit and destroyed two fighting positions and one logistics node.
In Iraq, Coalition forces conducted one strike consisting of one engagement:
- • Near Al Qaim one strike destroyed one ISIS communications infrastructure.
Additionally, 7 strikes consisting of 10 engagements were conducted in Syria and Iraq on October 12 that closed within the last 24 hours.
- Near Al Qaim, Iraq, two strikes destroyed one ISIS VBIED factory and one HQ structure.
- Near Ramadi, Iraq, one strike destroyed one ISIS camp.
- Near Raqqah, Syria, four strikes destroyed three ISIS lines of communication and one fighting position.