Coalition strike destroys ISIS headquarters near Rawah – CJTF-OIR
A U.S.-led Coalition strike in Iraq destroyed an Islamic State headquarters near the city of Rawah on Monday, Operation Inherent Resolve said in a press release.
“Near Rawah, one strike destroyed an ISIS headquarters,” the release said on Tuesday.
Coalition forces conducted a total of seven strikes consisting of 10 engagements in Iraq. The other strikes included:
- Near Al Qaim, two strikes destroyed an ISIS IED and an ISIS-held building.
- Near Haditha, three strikes destroyed an ISIS IED and a supply road.
- Near Sultan Abdallah, one strike destroyed an ISIS supply road.
In Syria, the Coalition carried out four strikes consisting of five engagements against ISIS:
- Near Abu Kamal, three strikes engaged an ISIS tactical unit, destroyed a vehicle and a weapons storage facility.
- Near Al Shaddai, one strike destroyed an ISIS VBIED and a fighting position.
The U.S.-led Coalition of more than 70 members has been conducting airstrikes, ground-based and rocket-propelled artillery fire against Islamic State in Syria and Iraq since 2014.